GIENAHS - Grasping Innovation in Europe through a closer iNterAction between Heis and Smes
PROJECT “GIENAHS - Grasping Innovation in Europe through a closer iNterAction between Heis and Smes”
Project Number: 588071-EPP-1-2017-1-IT-EPPKA2-KA
GRANT AGREEMENT n. 2017-2866/001-001
ERASMUS+ PROGRAMME - KNOWLEDGE ALLIANCES ACTION
Fostering a long-term transnational cooperation between universities and SMEs
Contribute to improving the quality of training of industrial researchers
Promote the mobility of researchers across Europe
GIENAHS Alliance aims at addressing the strategic issue of interaction between universities and the particular target represented by SMEs that, although they are the real driving force of the European economy, still face considerable difficulties in managing R&D processes.
Innovation plays an increasingly important role in our economy both for companies and citizens, seen as workers or as consumers, due to its contribution to the acceleration and improvement in creating new products and services. But there’s no innovation without research and education: to achieve the objective of investing by 2020 the 3% of EU GDP on R&D, in the next decade Europe needs to train many more researchers and eliminate obstacles to their mobility.
Knowledge Triangle: education, research and innovation
- to promote improvements in quality, excellence in innovation and internationalization;
- to elevate the quality of training of Industrial Researchers and internal company staff;
- to improve the "knowledge triangle", linking education, research, and innovation.
Compared GIENAHS targets: high school institutions and small and medium enterprises
GIENAHS intends to contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the Knowledge Alliances and in particular:
- to improve key skills and capabilities, with an emphasis on their relevance to the labour market, through greater opportunities of mobility for researchers and enhanced cooperation between universities and SMEs;
GIENAHS fosters the MATCHING between HEIs and SMEs through the following steps:
- defining a EU standard of HEIs/SMEs interaction to better enhance the territorial competitiveness due to the co-creation of knowledge and innovation;
- define a new methodological approach to design industrial PhD paths “SMEs oriented” targeted on the specific needs of European SMEs that will pragmatically allow the integration of different cultural approaches to R&D;
- testing the new methodological approach by designing a new industrial PhD path “SMEs oriented” in Manufacturing field;
- proposing the harmonisation of Industrial PhD disciplines in Europe, to concretely promote the
Matching between HEIs and SMEs
mobility of researchers; regulate, therefore, the industrial research doctorate at national level in six partner countries, comparing them with the European provisions;
- setting up a stable Observatory able to create virtuous and fruitful cooperation among SMEs, HEIs and researchers multiplying attractive employment opportunities for industrial research in European SMEs.
SCIENTIFIC publications, papers and awards
stakeholders & Credits
Carmine Viola, Full Professor
Giuseppe Leonardo Cascella, PhD
MSc with honors and PhD in Electrical Eng. @Politecnico di Bari (IT)
EU Marie Curie Fellow @Nottingham University (UK)
40+ international papers
30+ industrial and R&D projects
David Naso, Full Professor
Politecnico di Bari
MSc with honors in Electronical Eng. @Politecnico di Bari (IT)
PhD in Electrical Eng. @Politecnico di Bari (IT)
Full Professor of Identification and Intelligent Control @Politecnico di Bari (IT)
Responsible of Control System area @Energy Factory Bari
100+ international papers
MSc in Business Economics @Università del Salento (IT)
Full Professor di Economics and Management of Public Administrations and Company Audit @Università del Salento (IT)
President @Consorzio di Ricerca e Formazione universitario UNIVERSUS CSEI
Universitatea tehnica "Gheorghe Asachi"
The "Gheorghe Asachi" Technical University is a high-end research and education institution. Its mission is to carry out specific activities to create, to exploit and to transfer knowledge to the society in fundamental areas, Technical Sciences, Architecture and Urbanism.